View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berfu
Officers

re: Application: Acythea - Guardian druid

Hello again :)

I have had the chance to have a little chat to most of the officers and some of our Raiders and all agree Druids are in a good place and also one of the strongest if not the strongest tanks for the next patch also. We believe having you both tanking on druid should be something we can work with just fine in our set up and if for whatever reason it isn't ( i don't see this happening )  we can always discuss options in the future.

We would like to accept this application and welcome you to Frequency :)

IceFreya

I am fully willing to reroll to any of the plate users if requested of me although I would be set back quite a lot in terms of gear and artifact progression. I'd probably go for a pala>dk>warrior right now, reasons being pala being the most smooth damage mitigation and great for mythic+ gearing, dk would follow second due to all their utility and warrior coming last due to being great but I feel their incoming damage is very spiky and can be quite difficult for healers to manage in a pinch.

If you do choose to go for the geared and fully mastered druid then it's up to you, I'm all for the team so there is no hurry for me to get the BiS items and there is plenty of good gear to be found in mythic+ anyway.

Toobashed
In-Game Guild Master

App looks good to me.

2 Druid tanks could be good right now, its just the fact we also have 2 ferals and a Resto and a Gaurdian already in the raid team the make the gearing slower, however there's so much potential for an upgrade from different things now that its not such a huge issue.

It would be a yes from me :)

Berfu
Officers

As i mentioned when we spoke yesterday in game, i do have a slight concern that 2 druid tanks isn't the best thing. 

That said, we are not a guild pushing realm first's or Hardcore world ranking, We haven't been this guild for along time and we are happy progressing at our own speed now in a friendly atmosphere. With 2 different classes we do have more option with strat/utility and so on but its doable.

Gearing 2 tanks with the same Bis requirements will be slower, but that isn't a huge concern as i find tanks can have the least gear upgrades and be just Fine. Its your DPS you want geared to get them bosses down Fast in my opinion

However saying all that, When we spoke you mentioned you had played other Tanks and changing to another class could be an option if it wasn't ideal. What would be your most preferred class after druid if that was to happen? Id personally be fine with giving it ago with 2 Druids but if it wasn't to work out well i'm happy there is a back up plan there :)

Popejon
Officers

Hi Freydis,

Thanks for applying, everything looks good for me, especially the high attendance :) so it's a Yes from me.

Cheers Pope image

Thank you for taking the time to make this application :)

Please allow a few days for All officers to get together to discuss the application and get back to you with any questions and a response 

Cheeki

IceFreya

Tell us a bit about yourself. Your Name,where your from etc:

Name: Freydís

Characters Name & server if cross-realm: 

Acythea - The Maelstrom

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Acythea/simple

Class: Druid

Main Spec Your applying on: Guardian

What is your stat priority & what basic rotations do you follow?

Versatility>Mastery>>>Haste>Crit

Rotation is prio stack up Thrash stacks to 5 (legendary gives +2) for damage increase and reduction on incoming damage. Moonfire on proc when using Galactic Guardian otherwise just keep stack up for dps.
Mangle on cd and proc.
Swipe for filler
Maul to dump uneccessary defensive rage for dps increase.

What is your play-style? Do you use key binds? use mouse or keyboard to turn for example. 

I use a Razer Naga mouse for keybinds with shift and crtl modifier. Mouse over macro for combat res. I use the qweasd as a tank since I need to be able to move a boss without turning my back to it uneccessaroly, I mix this with the mouse for regular movement. 

What resources do you use to keep up to date with your class/spec & also preparing for raid content?

I read icy-veins, verify my gear upgrades with simulationcraft and have an account on ask mr. robot for finding gear upgrades quickly.

What is your Off spec and are you willing to play it if needed:

I don't really play off spec much on the druid, I am on the other hand willing to level and gear another tank class if better suited since tanking is my passion. After tanking I occasionally like to heal, druid healing though is just not that enjoyable for me unlike the other healer classes. I do have all classes at 100+ and my priority in choosing specs is tank>healer>dps so I've been playing long enough to be proficient on every tanking class and pretty decent on all healers, dps is where I've really never found a spark so they are there only for a change of pace.

What prior raiding experience do you have:

Legion: 1/7M EN and 3/3 nm ToV (only did one attempt on heroic before raid team disbanded)

WoD: 13/13M HFC

MoP and prior: I was rather casual raider after ICC came out in LK all the way through MoP when I was in school, Completed some kills on heroic and mythic for each tier respectively but not current content full clears. 

TBC: My hardcore period; playing a holy/disc hybrid priest I was in the top guild of my server, completing all current content when relevant. This account was retired after Sunwell and the current account which I had bought to let a friend play with me at the time became my main account to change my pace to be more casual. 

Vanilla-TBC: Starting several months after release I was a scrub that spent literally the whole expansion leveling because I kept dying as a dps so I leveled as a holy priest to not die...you can imagine how long that took. I dinged 60 only a few weeks before TBC got released but had made friends in the top guild that were willing to let me do some dungeons with them. They liked me enough to take me in for the shotgun leveling at the start of TBC and I got to join the raid team surprisingly after proving myself during the dungeon pregrearing. And that's the start of my hardcore period; playing a holy/disc hybrid priest I was all of a sudden in the top guild of my server, completing all current content when relevant. The amount of time to keep this up and going from a scrub to this completely burnt me out. Because of this this account was retired after Sunwell and the current account which I had gotten to let a friend play with me at the time became my main account to change my pace to be more casual again but I had gotten a taste of the sweet joys of raiding so I kept doing them when I had the time. 

We raid 3 nights a week, Mon-Wed-Thurs, from 8pm - 11.30 server time... Can you be available for all the days? If not please explain what days you can be available for:

I take my attendance very seriously now, 100% attendance is guaranteed and if I can't make it raid leadership is notified well in advance.

What has been your biggest and most memorable achievement in your time playing WOW:

Probably my TBC days but I'm happier about my HFC progress since it's something I feel wasn't pure dumb luck and it was done after I realised that I prefer tanking over healing.

Why have you chosen to apply to Frequency:

My previous raid team recently fell apart due to members leaving for various reasons and those who stayed finally disbanded the raid team after months of struggling to have enough members for even a heroic clear. This late in the expansion is a pretty bad time to be a guildless tank so I've been looking for a guild that is not too hardcore but wants to push for progress in an enjoyable environment. I ran into your post on the forums and your raid times really appealed to me and you actually needed a tank which is a miracle from my perspective.

What is your current pc spec and connection speed:

Screen: 55" HD TV

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

WoW is on a SSD along with the system. 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5869209622
My ms is limited due to geographical location and doesn't really go much below 60 but it doesn't go much higher than that either so it's what I've always been playing with and am used to.

Do you have ventrillo and will you speak on it:

I have all voice communication programs installed and have a working mic that I'm not afraid to use.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Frequency Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum